Now hear me out, I know I said death to the TBR a year ago. There is however, in my melted brain anyway, a difference between a TBR and recommendations. Very little for sure but there is something easier in it for me to just pick up a book (sooner than later sometimes) someone recommended to than a list I set myself. Yes it’s bizaare. No I haven’t sought answers for why.
So the above graphic should be nothing new to you if you reside anywhere bookish on the internet. It’s a template made by the fabulous ShadowBooker where you ask followers/pals to recommend you a book and you fill the graphic with 12 books to read over 2022. So a book a month essentially.
Mine came mostly from Twitter, with about 2 from Instagram so thank you to everyone who suggested. My list which is all summed in the graphic above as well includes;
- The Sword of Kaigen by M.L Wang
- Monstrous Heart by Claire McKenna
- The Bone Ships by R.J Barker
- The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison
- The Grey Bastards by Jonathan French
- This is Our Undoing by Lorraine Wilson
- Chasing Graves by Ben Galley
- The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
- Empire of Wild by Cherie Dimaline
- The Ticking Heart by Andrew Kaufman
- The Maleficent Seven by Cameron Johnston
- The Blacktongue Thief by Christopher Buehlman
Now that, is a list I can live with and better yet, I own a third of these already! The Witness for the Dead will fit into my series focus nicely, being the sequel to The Goblin Emperor. The Bones Ships as well, is the first book in the Tide Child trilogy and I own the sequel so could help there too. Also if I don’t read The Sword of Kaigen asap, I’ll have a friend disown me.
So there we are. 12 books for 12 months! Not sure how I’ll go about this but I do want to go do the four I own first and then reassess where I am. Maybe we’ll do quarterly updates. We shall see, keep your eyes open here and let me know if you read any of these! Thanks for checking in as always, and happy reading to you all.