So… where did August go? Seriously does anyone know? August was a busy month for me. I had World Con, laryngitis and a job change all within 2 weeks! World Con didn’t slow my reading surprisingly but I didn’t read as much as I thought it would with my time off. I read 9 books in total, 3 of which were on my Kindle. It was a very mixed reading month, ratings and titles including:
- Fight club- Chuck Palahniuk ★★★.5/5
- The Call- Peadar Ó’Guilín ★★★★/5
- Equal Rites- Terry Pratchett ★★★★/5
- Mort- Terry Pratchett ★★★★★/5
- The Cruel Prince- Holly Black ★★★/5
- The Lost Sisters- Holly Black ★.5/5
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol 1: High School is Hell- Jordie Bellaire, Dan Mora, Joss Whedon ★★★★/5
- Ursula K. Le Guin: Conversations on Writing- Ursula K Le Guin, David Naimon ★★★★★/5
- This is How You Lose the Time War- Amal El-Mohtar, Max Gladstone ★★★★★/5
I’ve linked reviews where I have them on the blog. It was a very mixed reading month, with ratings as low as 1.5 stars and as high as 5 stars. Standouts were The Call, This is How You Lose the Time War and Mort. Definitely disappointed in both The Cruel Prince and The Lost Sisters (which was infuriating). I read a good third of books on my Kindle for ease of travelling around Dublin and while I was sick. I also want to increase how much non fiction I read in September because I used to read so much more.
Thank you for checking in on my reading progress! I don’t do TBR’s since I am such a mood reader but I will always have books for the Discworld Project on my list and hopefully more comics, graphic novels and non fiction books next month. Talk soon guys!